Monday 8 September 2008

Things are getting bigger........

I have done some thinning and have even taken a small helping, but I will have to do more, to keep up. We may not be getting over - much sun and we are getting a fair amount of rain;  it is certainly making the plants happy.
When cooked they were very similar to spinach,  but it was a mixed bunch so hard to tell the differences.
The battle is now on with the remaining Cabbage White butterflies.  The young growth is just what they fancy for their caterpillars.  I am checking under the leaves for their eggs and I am, 
so far,  ahead of them. We will see who wins;  what`s the betting it will be me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A monkey on the walrus, cor blimey mate.
'onest 'arry

walrus21 said...

I`ve opened the book; MY MONEY IS ON THE PESTS
says Sally.