Tuesday 15 May 2012

I have a problem......

The weather is not helping on the gardening front, but some thing have to be done. The compost bin has to be emptied so that the tubs con be enriched before the summer planting. The problem is that this little fellow is living in my bin, and may not be alone. I first saw him/her when adding garden waste to the bin and I don't know who was more surprised. I have found out that it is a Bank Vole and I managed to get this photo off the net. When I decant the compost I will try not to upset it too much.

3 comments:

Sian said...

Oh what a sweetie it is! I expect it has really appreciated the nice warm cosy home of your compost bin!

walrus21 said...

I am sure it enjoyed the steady addition of fresh food. When we first saw each other it was quite a shock, I expect the odd worm but not a sweet little animal to look at me.

claire said...

S/he is soo cute, i'd love to see him/her.... no such luck so far.....