Tuesday 21 June 2011

Runner Bean flowers.

It is no wonder Runner Bean used to be planted in the flower garden rather than in the veg plot. After rain everything is perking up and growing like mad.








I think I will have to uncage the Sea Holly as it has made a very good recovery. It may be too early to say but I think it may flower.










On my walk I kept seeing these Cardinal Moths everywhere and I wondered why. On examining the long grass I found the answer. The moths were emerging from their pupae en masse and drying their wings in the sunshine.


2 comments:

claire said...

runners were purely decorative to the victorians (or was it before that??) anyway, they were brought to this country as a decorative annual - which they're not (annual) and are (decorative) ..... well i'm confused....

walrus21 said...

Confusion suits you ..... xxxxxxxxxxxx