Thursday 16 April 2009

To see something new.....













                  .. is always exciting and to find a new plant almost on one`s doorstep is stunning. 
This is the butterbur growing happily by the River Mun. I thought it was a garden escapee, but no, it is a Norfolk rarity.  How little I know. 
We took time off to go to the Old Vicarage garden at East Ruston which just a few miles down the road.
 One of their cats was enjoying the sun and on the hedge was a new butterfly that I had not met before. This is the Speckled Wood, also enjoying the sun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If your Great Niece had seen butterfly, she would have yelled "LoLAAAA" because Lola, who is her Fave Doll, likes them!!

XXX From Histric Olney

Every time they come here, she takes my hand and leads me into garden to look for them (usually Cabbage Whites, but she doesn't care!)