Wednesday 18 April 2012

The sun did shine.

I had the beach to myself as the Easter visitors have all gone home. There was still a nip in the air.






Colour in the sun with the gorse now in full flower. It does flower
most of the time in small amounts but it was being very prolific.







This is not a mistake and I know it does not look that interesting
but it is a sign of hope. It is a Horned Poppy just starting to form a rosette and it is the only one to come through the winter. The big one from last year has been washed away by the sea. I hope this one has better luck this year and the rabbits leave it alone.

5 comments:

Claire said...

Gorse is so cheerful!
The beach looks very inviting - perfect for a wrapped up walk...

walrus21 said...

It was but now the weather has turned grey and rain is in the air.

Sandra Rowney said...

Ah! This is good, I can start my armchair walks on the beach from Norwich! You can add some of the gorse flowers to salads; edible and cheerful.

Claire said...

It has rained pretty much non-stop here - good but NOT what i ordered...... (i.e. night only....)
i have loads of perfectly edible ground elder if anyone wants it - treat it like spinach apparently..... will even dig it, box it and send it...... (free..?????)

walrus21 said...

Sorry Claire I don't do Ground Elder. It's all down to the Romans.