Thursday 28 April 2011

The seeds are growing in the yard.

The hot weather has passed for the moment and the north wind is blowing but the little plants are still growing.
I am now learning how to train peas; other people train dogs or even lions but the methods appear to be different. The carrot and stick seems unlikely to work and standing in the yard with a whip and chair will not, I fear, impress them. Climbing peas appear to be born with a fear of heights and would rather crawl and trail about the place than reach for the sky.
So I have put in small canes to help them reach the ropes and trellis in the hope they get the right idea but I may have to revert to the whip.


3 comments:

decomondo said...

Nice post, walrus21!
Haha, if I ever run into a new kind of peas called "Brave Fearless" at the Farmers' Market, I will know who raised them!

claire said...

All looking good.....

walrus21 said...

One or two of the pea plants are starting to climb so I think the threats are working.